The federal government has established a series of rules designed to protect the rights of patients and ensure that their personal information stays private. Enforced by the Office of Civil Rights, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) establishes procedures that must be followed in order to ensure the privacy of protected health information (PHI). Maintaining HIPAA compliance is critical to avoid major government fines, reduce risk and protect patient privacy.
HIPAA privacy and security training should be a mandatory part of your organizationís ongoing staff training. HCCS has created a comprehensive, multimedia HIPAA training course for every employee. The course features real-life video scenarios and interactive exercises and is kept updated as HIPAA rules and regulations change. Our HIPAA online training is designed to engage your staff, making sure they pay attention and retain the information provided to them so they can use the proper practices in the real world.
This course provides training modules on HIPAA awareness as well as modules that contain information employees need to know regarding Privacy, Security and Electronic Transactions. In addition, the course educates staff on HIPAA HITECH, breach notification, the Omnibus rule, special information for law enforcement uses and much more.
No matter what role a person plays in your healthcare organization, this course will help them to receive proper HIPAA compliance training in order to avoid potentially costly mistakes that could put the privacy of patient information in jeopardy.
- See Sample Screenshots -
- All Management and Staff of Covered Entities
- PRIVACY OF INDIVIDUALLY IDENTIFIABLE HEALTH INFORMATION
- The Privacy Rule
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Patient Rights
- Business Associates
- SECURITY OF ELECTRONIC PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
- Introduction to the Electronic PHI Security Rule
- Administrative Safeguard Standards
- Policy and Procedures Requirements
- Physical Safeguard Standards
- Computer Technology Security Solutions
- Technical Safeguard Standards
- ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS AND CODE SETS