HCCS042 - Preventing Conflicts of Interest
Physician and healthcare institutional conflicts of interest have become a hot topic in recent years – both in public opinion and politics.
Having organizational policies and procedures on conflicts of interest is no longer a “nice to have” item. Most healthcare organization’s either have them or are developing them. Many organizations are trying to figure out how to train their workforce members in a way that is effective and yet does not require a huge investment in human resources. This multimedia course addresses these needs and provides an easy method to distribute policies and receive electronic signatures from workforce members.
- See Sample Screenshots -
- All Management, Staff and Patient Care Providers
- COI definition, types of COI and situations where it tends to arise
- Identifying and disclosing COI
- Money and non-money-related interests
- Workforce member’s responsibility to their organization
- Variables affecting management strategies
- Management tips for managing COI
- Purpose and importance of monitoring COI (includes a useful monitoring checklist)