End-of-Life Care Course
Death can be frightening. This can be especially true for patients in the terminal stages of chronic disease. These patients often wish for a "good death." However, they often fear that they will die alone, in pain, abandoned by their caregivers.
Clinicians must provide excellent end-of-life care to all dying patients.
In this way, healthcare providers can:
- Help patients have a "good death"
- Calm the fears of dying patients
- Support the patient's family
This course will teach you how to provide excellent end-of-life care.
You will learn about:
- Palliative care, end-of-life care, and hospice care
- Guidelines for providing end-of-life care according to a patient's wishes for a "good death"
- Ethical and legal considerations at the end of life
- Guidelines for helping loved ones when a patient is dying